CANCER & LESSONS IT HAS TAUGHT ME

Its no secret that when it comes to raising money for cancer l will be there supporting any way l can.

But as awful cancer is and l sadly have way too much experience of this disease
it has also taught me so much.

It has taught me not to be bitter when life deals you a bad hand, not one person l have known with cancer has remained bitter at life.

It has taught me what real emotional strength is. When you have to tell your children your parents that you have cancer and watching as they try not to break down kinda puts that messy break up or being pissed off at something in perspective.

It has taught me that love should never be taken for granted.

It has taught me that life is for living and not squandered on the petty stuff

It has taught me time is precious and is never wasted when spent with those we love..

It has taught me that laughter is the best medicine, humour so essential. My dad telling mum that doc has told him that he would be on tablets rest of his life but only gave him 7!! Yes an old joke but it was 25 yrs ago and that was how he broke it to her that he had cancer. My friend Pat who named her tumour charlie, after a guy in the pub who was an irritating fucker. My mum who wanted the pinkest of wigs before it was fashionable and before pink ribbons.
My son the constant ball jokes my sister-in-law always with a smile on her lips and l could go on but all those l have seen suffer from cancer each and everyone used humour to lessen the fear not for themselves but for those they love and may leave behind.

It has taught me what sacrifice and selflessness really means.

It has taught me what it is to be a cancer survivor and the joy to your family especially this mum still makes me cry. I still can’t talk about it without getting emotional.

l hope never to lose another person in my life to cancer it has taken too many too soon but sadly the reality is that l will experience the pain of cancer again and as it is no respecter of age, gender, colour,religion or even an alien.

PLEASE DO BE CANCER AWARE DO WATCH OUT FOR CHANGES IN YOUR BODY DO CHECK FOR LUMPS BUT MOST OF ALL PLEASE GET IT CHECKED
YOU MAY FEEL ITS NOTHING, NOT WORTH BOTHERING THE DOC BUT ANY CHANGES AND YEP INCLUDING TOILET HABITS AS ITS NOT ALL ABOUT FINDING LUMPS ITS ABOUT NOTICING CHANGES TO YOUR BODY AND BODILY FUNCTIONS
SHOULD ALWAYS BE CHECKED.
Fortunately 99 % of the time it is nothing but don’t take chance with the 1% it isn’t xxxxx

Advertisements

Author: ladybabe2

Older no wiser lived laughed and cried about sums it all up x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s